For everything you need to know about Getting Married, from our initial contact, first meeting, legal paperwork and ceremony format, through to your rehearsal and ceremony, I will help guide you through the process.
I will ask you a few straightforward questions in relation to the date, time and location of your ceremony in order to determine and confirm my availability.
Our first meeting
An opportunity for us to meet and greet and for me to find out all about you!
I will ask you to bring with you some documentation to establish your identity, including:
– an original: (1) *Birth Certificate; or (2) an *official extract of an entry in an official register (*preferable if born in Australia), or (3) an Australian or overseas Passport showing the date and place of birth; and
– if providing a Birth Certificate, a driver’s licence or a Passport by way of photo ID; and
– evidence of any name changes (if applicable); and
– evidence of any divorce or death of a party’s spouse (if applicable).
I will explain all legal documentation to you, including the Notice of Intended Marriage form (‘the NOIM’) and the Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marriage (‘the Declaration’). The NOIM must be completed no earlier than 18 months and no later than one month before the date of the marriage. The Declaration is usually signed closer to your ceremony date (for example, this will be done at a rehearsal approx. 1-2 weeks before your ceremony).
A significant obligation of a marriage celebrant is to advise you on the availability of relationship education services. Whilst this is not compulsory to you getting married, it is important. There are various courses available to help you develop and maintain strong and healthy relationships.
Once the NOIM is signed, I will provide you with a brochure titled Happily Ever…Before and After which contains Important Information for couples planning to marry.
I will be upfront with my fees, booking fee and refund policy. If you are happy to engage my services and an agreement has been reached, I will ask you to sign a Service Agreement and Statement of Fees.
In terms of time, I anticipate spending up to 10 hours with you on activities like email communications, telephone calls, meetings, ceremony document preparation, rehearsal, managing and performing your ceremony.
My fees are reasonable and competitive and enables me to perform at my best to conduct your wedding day in the most professional manner.
In summary, a complete Personalised Ceremony Package, includes:
– all correspondence with you by phone and email
– unlimited meetings with you to discuss your special day
– thorough explanation, preparation and correct lodgement of all legal documents
– advice in relation to your order of ceremony, vows and readings
– personalised ceremony document preparation
– discussion on the availability of relationship education services (pre-marriage counselling)
– advice in relation to the Name Change process
– a rehearsal, in preparation for your ceremony (location as agreed)
– your ceremony
– a personal PA system, with the capability of playing music through an iPod
– signing table, linen and 2 white padded Americana chairs, candles and rose petals (*provided if needed, at no cost)
– travel up to 30 minutes (*additional fees may apply).
‘Just Legals/Elopements’ – from $600.00 mid-week
*This package has limited inclusions. Contact me for more details.
‘Mid-Week Riverside Ceremony Package’
*This package is available Monday to Thursday ONLY and is ideal for Elopements and Small Ceremonies.
Inclusions: Celebrant, Photographer, Stylist, Hair & Makeup, Flowers & Cake.
If you are flexible with dates and location and want to save $$, Contact me for more details.
Whilst based in Brisbane, I do travel up and down the QLD Coast most weekends between the Sunshine Coast and Northern NSW (including Toowoomba). I am also willing to travel to your dream location outside of these areas, by special arrangement.
In addition to the above, I can also help you to complete an application form to the QLD Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages, for an official copy of your Marriage Certificate to be sent to you after your Ceremony. As at 3 July 2017, the application fee (payable by you) to the QLD Registry is $46.60 plus postage. *Fees may vary from State to State (eg. $56.00 for marriages in NSW).
In choosing me as your Celebrant, I will also present you with a small gift as a token of my appreciation.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to Contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
**Weekday Wedding SPECIAL (Monday to Thursday only)**
SAVE 10% off my base fee when you book your mid-week Personalised Ceremony.